13 November 2008

Back from a long break!

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. It's not as if life has been quiet the last four months! A brief summary of my liberal life goes something along the lines of:

Andy and I started trying for a baby in June, we got our Big Fat Positive in the very first month and I am now five months pregnant, expecting in mid March 2009. This wonderful news got work to my grandad's house going over August, September and October and Andy got headhunted! We moved to Yorkshire on 31st October (sadly leaving Samhain unmarked this year), Andy started his shiny new job on 3rd November.

We are now in the slow process of unpacking and getting furniture sorted out.

I stopped protesting in September, once I started to show, but have continued to lend my support to the Bristol crew. It feels like the global movement is slowing down, many Anons seem to have lost interest now that the weather has turned and the lulz are lacking. A few cases of Fair Game may have scared some away too. It's a great shame, but I think the core activists will keep going for longer. The protests may have grown smaller, but there are other projects going on behind the scenes that will probably keep going and have just as much impact on the cult of $cientology.

Unfortunately, despite the wonderful pregnancy and the move home, the year has not really gotten any better. There are some serious hard times approaching for my family (have they been Fair Gamed?) and the future looks very bleak and scary right now. What should have been a very positive move has been shrouded in a dark cloak.

No comments: